Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm Gonna Make It To The Other Side of Down

This might be too soon...I mean there's a possibility I'll end up in an ambulance on the course next Sunday. But I'm not sure I'll have time to blog before then, and I need to get this out sometime :)

I set a goal, and I'm about to accomplish it. This is not a small goal. This is 13 miles. Up until a few months ago, I never thought I'd be able to do this. Marathons and 1/2 marathons were for super intense runners, not me. Sure other people do it all the time, but there's no way I can. Here's what I've learned-

Yes, actually, I can. And so can you. I've said this a lot during my training, but I am so very serious- if I can do this, so can you. For one thing, I'm not fit, at all. But with hard work, dedication, and support from friends and family, I am able to do a 1/2 marathon. The second- I tend to get really excited about things and then just drop them. I've gotten better with that (it takes a little growing up), but this training was so different. I wasn't going to let it go. I was going to prove to myself, and all those around me, that I could do this.

On Sunday, I will cross that finish line. I don't care if I'm crawling, I don't care if it takes me all seven hours. I'll do it.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this- it would take too long to name all of you, but specifically my family, Babz, Holly, all the backups, my friends. Everyone who has liked a status or sent me a text or donated- THANK YOU.

Thank you also to all the artists who's music has pulled me through the training- Kelly Clarkson, David Archuleta, Melinda Doolittle, Mandisa, Rocket Summer, Sara Barielles, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Hanson...it goes on and on.

Wish me luck. If you think of it, next Sunday, say a silent prayer for me.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

Wishing you all the luck in the world, even though I know you won't need it. You've already traveled so far on this journey (pardon the pun!) and you are going to do an amazing job on Sunday. We'll all be cheering you on as you accomplish this inspiring goal :)