Wednesday, August 4, 2010

we'll be a dream

Hello. I'm alive, incase anyone was worried. Over the past few days I've been super busy unpacking, reorganizing, adjusting, transitioning, and several other "ing" words that have to do with change. Mix that in with a few days of not feeling well, and I've been kind of MIA. Don't have any news to report, other than asking for continued prayers for Fred Carter.

This summer I've been focusing on my walking, writing, and listening to music. I have been absolutley loving getting back into a regular walking routine. I think my body is loving it as well :)

Here's some music I've been digging that I think you should know about.

1. We The Kings. Love their album, but this is my favorite.



2. David Archuleta's new single, "Something Bout Love". Great pop song that you will be dancin around to!



3. We Are The Fallen. Their album is incredible and if you don't give it a listen, then I am sorry for you. I can't pick a favorite song, but this is just an example of how solid the album is.



4. Katy Perry- Not Like The Movies. I'm not a fan of Katy Perry, but I adore this song. I wish she would sing more like this!




Day 30: Letter to Self

Dear Megan,

Things certainly have been stressful lately. It's all came at you at once, and sometimes you don't know how to deal with it. These are the times you need to reach out- to friends, family, to God. Take small steps in dealing with these challenges. You can do this.

Change has come around once again and you always have a difficult time with that. But things are going to be okay. Take some deep breaths. You will find a job that is right for you, even though that is the hardest thing to believe right now. Try to enjoy these days. Work hard with the walking and eating right. Keep writing. Keep smiling.

Remember that you are a person with your own special talents and character traits. You have a lot to offer the world. Your worth is not measured by the attitude or opinion of others.

Be aware of your worth, your gifts and your strengths.

Be well and find happiness in all the good things that surround you,

Love, Megan

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

That letter? Please take it to heart and remember everything you wrote to yourself, because it's all so true. Change can be one of the most difficult things to deal with, but it can also be wonderful once you get to the other side. Great things are going to keep happening for you, I know it.

And David's song is so catchy!!