Monday, July 7, 2014

Music Monday: Paramore and Fall Out Boy

Tomorrow night, I will be joined by thousands of my closest friends at the Paramore/Fall Out Boy concert. I saw Fall Out Boy last summer, and wrote about it here, but I have never seen Paramore live. I adore both bands, and both hold special places in my heart. Today I thought I would share my 5 favorite songs from each band.

Paramore

5. Part II. This is from their latest album, and I can't stop listening to it.





4.  Misery Business. I mean, is there anyone who DOESN'T like this song?




3. Pressure. This was the first song I heard by Paramore, and I wanted to hear more immediately. I loved the sound. I feel like this is one of the few bands that have really stuck to their original sound. I'll always love this song.


2. Still Into You. When Tom and I first started "seeing each other" again, I asked him if there was a song that reminded him of me. He picked this one.  Since then, we always text each other when we hear it, or turn it up if we're together and hear it in the car. It's become "our song".



1. Decode.   This actually isn't from an album (it was a bonus track on the international album for Brand New Eyes). I know it from Twilight. Hush. It's a really awesome song.


Fall Out Boy

5.  Alone Together. My favorite from their latest album.



4. Coffee's For Closers. I've just always really liked this song.



3. Dance, Dance. Cause. You gotta dance sometimes.



2.  What A Catch, Donnie. I've got troubled thoughts and a self esteem to match



1. Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy. My brother played this song for me when I was 15 and I instantly fell in love with this band and have been listening ever since.


No comments: