I know many of you dislike my music posts, but I don't have much else to say, except:
-We had a snow day yesterday! In reality, we really didn't NEED to have one...but it was a nice break in the middle of the week.
-We can't go to Pittsburgh. Boo. We were supposed to meet up with three other communities, and all of them are on the east coast and snowed in. It's a bummer because we were saving our money for this trip and looking forward to seeing our other MVC friends, but I guess safety comes first.
-I'm going to start teaching little kids how to read! I have a training for it this Saturday and will start in March.
-One of my students said "Miss Carolin, just because you're pretty don't mean you can get away with everything". PLUS I got two carnations today. One from a student, one from a staff member.
-Yes, I have some favorites on American Idol. Andrew Garcia, Michael Lynche, Didi, and Katie Stevens. I thought I was going to like Mary Powers but she was obnoxious.
-Happy Birthday to my brother and to Meghan Brookes! Two amazing people :)
Okay, now for the music post part. This was a good one.
Think of eight memorable musical moments, not necessarily all time favourites, but those when, for example, you felt compelled to wait in the car when listening to this amazing song on the radio because you just had to know who it was by. Or the piece you heard on the tv in a drama that drove you straight onto iTunes to download.... Optional details for each song give where, why and youtube links ...
These aren't in any particular order, but...
1) Sunsets and Car Crashes- The Spill Canvas. I will never, EVER in my life forget when I was driving with Lindsay Pillow and she played this song. I fell in love and haven't turned back since :)
2) With Arms Wide Open- Creed. This is the song my brother played at my grandma's funeral. It is rarely played on the radio anymore, but when it is, I know she's trying to tell me something or comfort me.
3) Maybe- Kelly Clarkson. I had bought her "My December" album at midnight and listened to the entire album in the parking lot. When this song came on, I was tempted to drive to Texas, knock on her door, and ask her why she stole my diary.
4) All We'd Ever Need- Lady Antebellum. Perhaps one of my favorite live performances. Jess and I saw them open for Martina McBride and right after they performed this song, I said "this band is going to be huge. They get it." This song gives me chills.
5) Superstar- Taylor Swift. Taylor has a tendency to write songs about my life, but when I heard this song I jumped out of my chair.
6) Another Song- Justin Timberlake. I was sitting on the couch with Lauren and she played this song, even though I'm not a Justin fan I ran into my room and downloaded it. I'm obsessed with it.
7) Angels- David Archuleta. I was trying to pick a song to represent summer 07. I was going to choose "Please Don't Stop the Music", but I went with this one because it also represents Amanda, who was with us every second.
8) There Will Come A Day- Melinda Doolittle
What else can I say besides this song changed my whole heart and mind. Sometimes I listen to it on repeat and just thank God for the people that have come into my life. This song brought me out of darkness, quite literally. This video is the first time she performed it, the first time I heard it...the first time I took a deep breath and made steps toward positive change.
I tag: Sam, Shari, Jena. :)